My my My my
Guilford High School Touchdown Club – July 9, 2013 Minutes
Guilford Community Center
Call To Order
1.  Meeting was called to order at 7:06pm.
2.  In attendance:  Joe Iassogna, Stephanie Moscato, John Knapp, Sue Knapp,      Lee Altieri, Melissa DeMille, Dave Filley, and Mike Napoli.
Acceptance of Minutes:  June Minutes reviewed and unanimously accepted.
Committee Reports
  1. Treasurer Report:(John) Starting July with a balance of $3,174.41 in account.      (copy filed)
  2. Golf Outing:  Event is scheduled for 8/21.  Joe and John will contact Matt to get an update.
Old Business
1.  Car Wash:  August 10th @ A-1 auto still scheduled.
2.  SWAG:  Tom has ordered his summer apparel for the boys attending strength and conditioning.  Additional apparel to be considered for fall.  TD club still waiting for information on various vendors from Rob.
3.  Snack Shack:  Coffee machine needs replacing. Dave to get prices.  Freezer alarm is going off.  There is meat in that freezer that was left there from LAX along with some other non-perishables. Dave to possibly store it in John’s freezer.  John will call Anne Ranfone to notify her. David needs the football schedule as he is going to start stocking up supplies for games. David suggested asking for parental donations for startup supplies.  He will also run the stand again for freshmen games.  Carlos Pena from GYF is looking to contact David regarding concessions.  Joe to contact GYF via Frank Ralston and attempt to develop a better rapport for the coming year.
New Business
  1. Soccer Fest:  Ron reported a profit of $250 noting attendance appeared to be down from past years.  Those monies will be put into the TD club scholarship fund.
  2. Football:  July 13th will be a passing league in New Canaan (participation has already been paid for by TD Club). Aug 14th is first formal day of practice.
  3. Scissor Lift:  Ron to assist by further investigating cost/E-bay research/what other universities utilize/used deals etc.  Joe to follow up with Jake Jarvis regarding dept. approval of the equipment being on school grounds and any liability issues that should be considered.  Melissa to contact robotics club and present our request and see if they would take on this project. This could also provide an opportunity for community service if the kids ran the equipment during games/practices.
  4. Plyometric Boxes:  Lee Altieri (representative of the volleyball club) proposed that the TD Club  in conjunction with girl’s volleyball purchase a new 5pc plyometric box set at $660 for the weight room as the old ones are in bad shape.  Lee will also contact Kelly Carregal from the wrestling club to see if they would be interestd in helping to off-set some of the cost.  Sue motioned to allow an expenditure up to $333 to purchase the box set with the TD Club willing to share half of the purchase price with the Volleyball Club. Unanimous vote agreed to the expenditure.  Altieri to update Tom Unger of the new purchase and the remaining TD Club budget for field equipment.
  5. Fundraising:  Sue is going to look into pricing for green and white ties for game day school dress to sell.  Steph suggested a “Pig skin Roast” as a fundraiser using Big Foods locally out of Guilford who does provide a fundraising rate.  Mike suggested a kick off pasta party to possibly join GHS and GYF.  A low cost venue for either event would need to be located.  Church halls and fireman’s field were suggested.  Steph suggested a “shake the can” fundraiser at the 4 Dunkin Donuts in town.  Joe to talk to the owner to see if it is a possibility.
  6. Registration:  Chris Jankura has opened the registration for incoming freshman and has been working with Alex Conover to get those boys registered  and informed.
  7. Meeting Times:  It was agreed to move mtg times starting next month to 7:30.
  8. G4 Event:  Girls night out at the Nault’s will be held again this year on August 13th from 4-7pm with Coach Unger.
  9. Tom’s Welcome Football Meeting:  Joe to talk to Coach about his first parent meeting to determine when/where.  TD Club paperwork concerning emergency info for the coaches, program books and fundraising information need to be prepared by Sue and Steph to hand out to families that evening.  They will be looking for someone to possibly donate printing services to assist with this task.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:27pm   Next Meeting Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 7:30 pm @ Rec. Ctr.