Guilford High School Touchdown Club – Sept. 10, 2013 Minutes
Guilford Community Center
Call To Order
1. Meeting was called to order at 7:39pm.
2. In attendance: Kathy Sperry, Ally Linell, Sue Knapp, Dave Filley, Alex Conover, Mellissa DeMille, Pat Iassogna, Rob Tepley, John Knapp, Lee Altieri.
Acceptance of Minutes:
(tabled) not available for review
Varsity volleyball beat East Haven. Freddie Trotta’s grandfather passed away.
(John) Assets = 4461.41. All bills paid except coach stipend
1. AD Book
: Looking sharp. $5625 is current amount. One last push, need to be ready for Oct 6 home game. Sept 15 is last possible date to accept new ads
2. Snack Shack
crew signed up. Need most experienced crew for Madison game. Only one response to request for items to sell. Discussed increased prices.
3. Plyometric boxes
:cost more than expected
- Mellissa motion, Filley second unanimous vote to increase amount to 400 from 350.
- Anticipate money back from shipping costs
- Coffee maker
- Motion by Melissa, second by Rob – unanimous passage to allocate $120 for new coffee maker
- Pasta Dinners
- Gretchen Tepley in charge
- Pink Night
- Oct 4
- Chris Jankura with Jackie Peters
- Senior Night
- Seniors want it for Hand game
- Unger has approved
- 50/50 raffle at games
- Bodner will run it after this weeks game
- End Zone camera
- About 4400 t0 4700
- Will see what other programs are interested to share cost
- Youth football
- Girls lacrosse
- Hoodie Buddies: Coach Unger wants the players to sell these sweatshirts.
- He will be running the fundraiser
- Touchdown club will be supportive
- $30 per person (cost is $25 per)
- Pat Iassogna
- Election: Filley elected president to finish current term – ending January 2014
- Tag Sale is 9/21 Linell, Sperry, & Conover volunteered to be there
- Comedy night – will combine with boys and girls hockey
- Friday before thanksgiving 11/22
- Wall of wine
- 50/50 raffle
- $30 per person
- Max for hall is 220
- Car wash – Lee Altieri working on it
- Selling of cookbooks and license plates at back to school night
(Sue K and Lee A.)
- Golf outing at Guilford Lakes planned for Oct 14
-$12 per golfer
at 9pm Next Meeting
Tuesday, Oct.8, 2013 at 7:30 pm @ Rec. Ctr.