My my My my

Guilford High School Touchdown Club – May 13, 2014 Minutes

Guilford Community Center

Call To Order

1.  Meeting was called to order at 7:30pm.

2.  In attendance:  Dave Filley, Tom Unger, Stephanie Moscato, Shanon Cirillo, Jill Hilgert, Sebastian Derda, and Jon Pensa.

Acceptance of Minutes:  Minutes from April, 2014 meeting unanimously accepted and to be placed on the website.

Announcements/Introductions: GoDaddy.com Domain name to be looked into by Shanon via John Knapp to determine username and password/pin for access and maintenance. Info to be given to Sebastian.

Committee Reports/Old Business:

1.  Treasurer Report:(Shanon) Account  balance = $7,903.92.  (copy of monthly budget reports filed)A $480 payment made to VFW for breakfast and $150 paid for linemen challenge.  King Crab sled has been received and in use.

2. Shack: (Filley) Fan is needed- Dave to handle with Jake. Water heater has been fixed. Reviewed letter from Jake re: HS ownership of shack and contents, also responsible for electrical and water.  TDC to manage shack and maintenance needs to be put into the HS budget.  If items needed are not provided by hs TDC will look to other clubs for donations.  David to look at proposing a maintenance budget for Jake. Sebastian suggested David draft a letter to all other clubs who use the shack explaining how the shack will be managed and run going forward so they know they may be called upon in some capacity to help out.

3.  Fundraising Committees: (Chris via Steph)Ties-Chris is still working with tie company to get accurate number for amount purchased to keep cost per tie down and additional set up fee negated.  Cruise- Chris has started looking into Thimble Island Cruises. It was suggested that we also look into CT River or NH Harbor cruises as well because they can fit more passengers on the boat. (No other updates available at this time)

Golf Outing: (Jon Pensa)Event scheduled for 8/26 with an 8:30am start time ending with a lunch that will be provided by Lyman catering. Charge to be $500/foursome with a min of 40 ppl.  Lyman will allow cancellation up to one week prior. Signed contract needs to be returned by June 1st. Deposit check of $500 needed by June 26th.  Jon signed contract tonight and Shanon to send out with deposit check to Lyman this week.  Email blast to save the date and ask for volunteers & sponsor consideration to be done this week by Dave.  Committee needed for marketing and lay out of the day.  Looking for a “Title” sponsor for the event at $5000 for the day-David has a possible vendor interested and will update soon.

4.  Spirit Wear: (Sebastian) provided scarf sample for Chris. GSG will charge $15 for scarf.  Steph gave Sebastian suggested spirit wear prices from Chris. Sebastian is working on getting the online store up and running.  It will be open 24/7 for 2 week time frames then close to process orders, then open again.  All orders will need to be picked up at GSG by purchasers. GSG will send the TDC checks for the difference as our profit. GSG will also provide size samples for people to try.

5. Donation Letters: (Jankura/Conover) N/A

6. Pre-game Pasta Dinners: (Filley) Reports Jake has confirmed food can be made at home and brought in for team to eat at the café.

7.  Banquet: (Patti) N/A

  1. Weight Room Plaques:  (Steph) Working with Tom who will get a list of categories and names together for engraving.  Sebastian may have the ability to engrave at work and will look into it-Steph to provide him with plaque sample.

9.  Cheerleaders: (Jankura)N/A



New Business:

1.  Coach’s Spot: (provided printed timeline of events)Spring practice info: First practice will be Saturday June 7th, time TBA and team meeting will be on Friday June 6th followed by helmets and practice jerseys being passed out. During exams there is only 1 practice, Tuesday the 17th, there is no practice after the second day of exams (Monday), Wed practice occurs after the last of the exams and Thursday there are no exams (the 19th.)  Practices will be 2hrs and a 7on7 game will be played at the end of the session.  Also pizza or burgers on last day/graduation night from 2-4pm. TDC to organize.  33 guys signed up for Yale camp at this point. Mon Aug 18th is first day of prxt. Sideliners scholarship forms for camp are due by May 16th. June 30th passing league starts.  Summer workouts will start that day as well and run Mon evenings, Tues, Thurs and Fri mornings. Tom will notify Board as to what night he wants to have his parent welcome mtg so paperwork can be prepared, etc. Saturday June 7th is Little Folks Fair which could be a possible opportunity for community service for our boys if it could be organized ahead of time.

2.  Fundraisers in May: (Jankura/Conover)

3.  Nault named to CT All Star team- Ad funds: (Unger)TDC has asked Coach to check with the athletic dept of the hs to see if they will participate any funding for an ad or match funds.  We will consider putting in an ad. The due date is June 1st.

4.  TDC- By Laws: David handed out copies for all to review over the next month so we can update them and make them more current.  He is looking for a committee to take this on.

Meeting Adjourned at 8:35pm   Next Meeting Tuesday, June 10th at 7:30 pm @ Rec. Ctr./ Alexander Lounge!!