My my My my

Guilford High School Touchdown Club – July 8, 2014 Minutes

Guilford Community Center

Call To Order

1.  Meeting was called to order at 7:50pm.

2.  In attendance:  Dave Filley, Stephanie Moscato, Shanon Cirillo, Jon Pensa and Patti Iassogna.

Acceptance of Minutes:  Minutes from June 2014 meeting unanimously accepted and to be placed on the website.


  • One unanimous board vote done via email during month for Steph to spend $1200 on team spirit wear for shorts and shirt for summer – (email filed)

Committee Reports/Old Business:

1.  Golf: (Pensa) Frank Russello, Bill Conover and Miggs Surgenor on his cmte. Posters and brochures handed out.  Have reached out to Sideliners, Mid-liners and GYF to advertise event without much success.  Lanny Six to be asked to post on the alumni FB page.  Pensa suggested that class reps should be asked to get one team from their grade. They will reach out to old sponsors as well but only have 2 sponsors at this point (one from Chubb and one obtained from Frank Russello).  Simple menu to be served- continental brkft and a BBQ for lunch costing approx. $26.50.  Still looking for raffle donations. Steph to ask Sebastian to send out weekly email reminders to the league regarding the event.

2.  Treasurer Report:(Shanon) Account  balance =  $5,768.01  (copies of monthly budget and expenditure reports filed) Shanon to send revised budget document outlining the banquet expenditure breakdown to Steph to have Sebastian post on website so a vote can be taken at August mtg.

3. Shack: (Filley) LAX left shack in good shape. No letter has yet gone out to other sport groups about how the shack will be run or asking for funding for maintenance-Dave handling this.  Fans still need replacing.

4.  Fundraising Committees: (Chris) read Chris’ email updating FR..copy filed.  Patti suggested doing a youth day prior to the golf outing.  A tailgating cook out FR was also discussed prior to the first home game for kids and parents

5.  On-line Store/Spirit Wear: (Sebastian) Store to be open at all times.

6. Pre-game Pasta Dinners: (Filley) 9/18,10/09,10/16,10/23, 10/29 (Wed) committee to send in room requests with Lecia Scranton and get volunteer spot up and running.

7. Weight Room Plaques: (Steph/Derda) pending

8.  TDC-By Laws/ Committee: pending

9.  Parent Meeting: TDC to ask Coach if they could speak first and hand out forms prior to him speaking.  Steph to gather needed forms and make copies for mtg.


New Business:

1.  Coach’s Spot: N/A

2.  July Fundraisers: Car wash at Palumbos proposed for mid-summer. Chris to look into scheduling the event.

3. G-Stencil:(Steph) Retrieved and handed off to Corby who reinforced it with wood.  Steph to manage orders and Corby to apply.  Ad to be placed on website.  Pay pal link to be looked into with Sebastian’s help.

4. Senior Night:  Patti suggested 10/17 for the date and will contact other senior parents to confirm.

5.  G4 Event:  Joanne Nault has offered again to host.  Steph to put ad on website and email out and check with Coach to see if he has interest in participating this yr.  Will have wall of wine and any profit will be put to the scholarship fund.

Meeting Adjourned at 8:45pm   Next Meeting Tuesday, August 12th at 7:30 pm @ Rec. Ctr./ Alexander Lounge!!