My my My my

Guilford High School Touchdown Club – August 12, 2014 Minutes

Guilford Community Center

Call To Order

1.  Meeting was called to order at 7:35pm.                                                                                         

2.  In attendance:  Dave Filley, Stephanie Moscato, Chris Jankura, Shanon Cirillo, Jon Pensa (via conference call), Alex Conover, Michele Robertino, Sebastian Derda, Jill Hilgert,and Patti Iassogna.

Acceptance of Minutes:  Minutes from July 2014 meeting unanimously accepted and to be placed on the website.

Announcements/Introductions: $380 generated from G4 Ladies event this month and handed over to treasurer during month.

Committee Reports/Old Business:

1. Treasurer Report:(Shanon) Account  balance =  $3,593.00, prior to G4 event scholarship fund held $315. (copies of monthly budget and expenditure reports filed)                                      

2.  Budget Vote:Revised budget including banquet breakdown was voted on and unanimously accepted by all.  Sebastian posted on website.                                                         

3. Fundraising Committees: (Chris) Email went out to all families requesting assist with FR cmtes.  Adult social-to be chaired by Michele R and Sondra G. Youth/Varsity Day: suggested to be held before night of first home game, Sept. 19th. Smoker date tbd. Ties: are set to be handed out at parent mtg on 8/12. Alex to look into doing another car wash wkd of the Glfd fair and report back on availability.                                                                     

4.  Weight Room Plaques:  (Steph/Derda) pending                                                                               

5.  TDC-By Laws/ Amendments: (Filley) Copies of new revisions handed out by Dave to be reviewed for possible vote next month. Some changes included the Scholarship max to be decided upon as a percentage (exact amt to be discussed) based on the net from the previous yrs income, and a team Rep position added. Mtg members to review changes.                   

6.  Parent Meeting: Scheduled for 8/13. Dave to present for TDC.  Steph to gather needed forms and make copies for mtg at Royal.                                                                                                

7. Shack: (Filley) Dave questioning if shack should be open during freshmen and JV games and who would man it. It was suggested that another assistant be looked for to help out if shack to be open additional games as the freshmen parents are already managing Varsity games.  6 helpers/game are needed to run the shack and all grades will be contacted weekly to bring additional food to sell. Mtg members are concerned that too many requests are going out to league members for continued donations and are concerned about success of these requests.                                                                                                                                                                         8.  Golf: (Pensa via phone)It was a unanimous suggestion from golf committee to cancel golf outing this year due to lack of interest. His reasoning was it could be b/c it is a busy time of year, the cost of event, the need for participants to take a day off, and lack of sponsor support from previous years. Deposit will be refunded in full if cancelled immediately.Unanimous Vote taken to cancel event for this year. Jon to notify Lyman, Alex to send funds back to those who have paid and David to send a letter of notification to league and GYF.                                                                                                                                                                                    9.  Spirit Wear: Bucket hat suggested as an additional item for GSG website. Membership has confusion over delivery options.  Derda on vacation.                                                                                                                           10. Pep Rallies- Alex and Steph to attempt to look into the history of this and it’s current non-active status with Misenti and Jarvis.                                                                                                                                                      11. Give me a G: (Steph) ad has gone out on website. No orders received yet. Shanon to notify if a paypal order comes in.  Michele suggested yard signs with a G on it and will report back on pricing and suppliers, such as Royal Prtg.

New Business:

1.  Coach’s Spot (Unger) N/A                                                                                                     

2.  August Fundraisers: (Alex/Chris)G4 event to be held 8/14 at Joanne Nault’s featuring “Wall of Wine” with all proceeds to go to the scholarship fund.                                                                                                                                    

3.  Ad Book: (Alex) Melissa Demille has agreed to handle project. A big push needs to go out in advertising to recoup any sponsors that provided ads last year whose families are no longer in the school. Alex to gather that information and send out via email to members. Discussion had to update ad prices and offer incentive for immediate families if they place an ad or player.  Unanimous Vote was taken to offer families a discount for ads placed for player (quarter page$25,half-$50,full-$100) with all other business ads to remain the same as last year (bus.card-$50,qtr-$75,1/2-$11,full-$150). Stephanie to make new order forms for ad campaign and send out request for player bios. Steady photography: Stephanie to contact Steady and schedule date and notify members and provide order form. Patti will plan to assist day of pictures.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       4. Club E-mail address:  Steph to email Sebastian about the which continues to be an active email account.

Upcoming Business:

  1. Pasta Dinners- T. Huffman/J. Derda to reserve dates for cafe and send out a volunteer spot for weekly donations.
  2. Tag Sale- Chris to approach Jackie K to see if she will chair event on 9/21.
  3. Pink Night-Jill H. scheduled for 10/10 game.
  4. Senior night-Pattie confirmed 10/17 v. East Haven. Reminder given that senior bios and coach commentary need to pbe prepared by comte ahead of time!
  5. 50/50-Suggestions from Lanny re: a home game subscription to increase profits was reviewed and approved. Committee including Ulrichs and Skapczynskis to work on idea.
  6. Chili Cook Off- Michele R.will also be held on 10/10. This FR is pure donation and she will advertise for participants and be held as a tailgating event @ 5:30 in the GHS parking lot.
  1. Meeting Adjourned at 9:30pm   Next Meeting Tuesday, September 9th at 7:30 pm @ Rec. Ctr./ Alexander Lounge!!