My my My my

Guilford High School Touchdown Club – September 9, 2014 Minutes

Guilford Community Center

Call To Order

1.  Meeting was called to order at 7:35pm.                                                                                                                     2.  In attendance:  Dave Filley, Stephanie Moscato, Chris Jankura, Shanon Cirillo, Jon Pensa, Alex Conover, Michele Robertino, Sebastian Derda, Jill Hilgert, Jackie Kronengold, Lela Stokes, Tina Skapczynski, and Anna Russell.

Acceptance of Minutes:  Minutes from August 2014 meeting unanimously accepted and to be placed on the website.

Announcements/Introductions: Committee Reports/Old Business:

1. Treasurer Report:(Shanon) Account  balance =  $4,893.05, (copies of monthly budget and expenditure reports filed)  Debit cards have been obtained for Shanon and Dave from GSB. Refund check of $500 for Golf outing has been returned and deposited back into acct.                                                                                                                  

2. Fundraising Committees: (Chris)  Handed over $3800 of tie money collected so far and she is hoping for a $1900 profit at end. Prior to ordering any additional ties, David states they must be prepaid. Choir expressed interest.  Chris formulating a “save the date” letter to go out to families Tag sale- 9/20 Jackie requested tables and coat racks for displaying items. Ads have been placed in papers and flyers made and will be dispersed. She still needs some volunteers to assist the day of event. Requires start up money which Shanon will provide. Unsure whether bake sale will be done this year. Dumpster for tag sale needed.                                                                                                                                                                         

3.  TDC-By Laws/ Amendments: (Filley) Pending till later in season.                                                                                                                                                                               

4. Shack: (Filley)Dave has decided to open for freshmen and JV games when he is available to run it and not ask freshmen parents to assist.  Will still make food requests for home Varsity games to membership.

5. Pasta Dinners: Huffman/Derda- Volunteer spot notice to go out 9/10. Freshmen parents will not be asked as those players will not be available to attend due to their game schedule.                                                                                                        

6. 50/50 Raffles: Tina reports the cmte will attempt to work on Lanny’s plan of a subscription but have not yet met to work out details.

7. Driveway G: (Steph) no orders yet. Sebastian to send out another notification this week.

8. Ad Book: (Alex)Overall ads submitted is much lower than last year.  Personal ads = $1400, Business very low. It was suggested another email should go out asap to motivate members and it was decided to extend the deadline to families one more week which may delay the finished product. It was decided that seniors would get a page and year to yea not be asked to pay for it due to varying class sizes.

New Business:

1.  Coach’s Spot (Unger) N/A                                                                                                                                          2.  September Fundraisers: (Alex/Chris)

3.  Back to School Night: any additional ties will be sold then however there is an away game that night.

4. Adult Fundraiser: (Michele)To be held at Anthony’s with an 80’s theme. DJ acquired has offered his services for free and TDC agreed to put in a half page ad for him in ad book. Cost $40/pp-Anthony’s is charging $25/pp including tax but not tip. Copy of contract on file. Shanon to pay non-refundable deposit of $300 this week. Sebastian said it would be possible to set up a pay pal account to purchase tkts on the website. She will also have additional raffles.

5. Smoker: David suggests canceling event unless we can find someone to run it this year. Dave to talk to JP Peters.

Upcoming Business:

1. Pink Night- (Jill H)  10/10.No sponsor attained yet. Has reached out to Bishops formally with a letter. She is debating additional ribbons or cards to sell in addition to the shirt that night.  Getting quotes on 250 shirts from vendors which will be sold to the masses for $10 and to our boys for $5. She will need help selling shirts at school the week prior. Same night as Chili Cook Off: Michele advertising 5 tkts/$5 gets you five tastes.  Winner tba at halftime. Has people signed up for contest already.                                                                                                       2. Senior Night- (Chris)                                                                                                                                                  3. Family Dinner/Bonfire-Nov:      David suggests using GFC and Angelo Moscato to handle the bonfire.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    4. Team Breakfast-(Steph) November    to be scheduled at VFW                                                                                                                                                                               5. Banquet: December. Patti sent copy of contract to Steph to file.

Meeting Adjourned at 9:50pm   Next Meeting Tuesday, October 14th at 7:30 pm @ Rec. Ctr./ Alexander Lounge!!