My my My my

Guilford High School Touchdown Club – November 19, 2014 Minutes

Guilford Community Center

Call To Order

1.  Meeting was called to order at 7:37pm.                                                                                                                  2.  In attendance:  Dave Filley, Stephanie Moscato, Chris Jankura, Shanon Cirillo, Jon Pensa, Alex Conover, Sebastian Derda, Lela Stokes and Jill Hilgert.

Acceptance of Minutes:  Minutes from October 2014 meeting unanimously accepted and to be placed on the website.

Announcements/Introductions: Soccer usage of snack shack went well per Dave. Copy of Officers Insurance provided to GHS and secretary for filing by Alex.  Steph to order 5 more dozen of cookies from Red Rooster for the remaining injured boys and she and Alex will deliver them.

Committee Reports/Old Business:

1. Treasurer Report:(Shanon) Account  balance =  $14,074.16 (copies of monthly budget and expenditure reports filed)  $315 currently in Scholarship fund with G4 event funds to be added.

2. Fundraiser Committees: (Chris) Pies: will be delivered Saturday btwn 11-1. 254 were sold and we made $6/pie. Lelah and Steph to help Chris with distribution. Steph to order a $25 sweatshirt from Creative sportswear with a recipient to be chosen out of those who sold 6+ pies. It was discussed again that due to some complaints from the membership about too many fundraising events that we may need to greatly scale down what is provided for the boys (ie.spirit wear, free breakfasts, change of venue for banquet, and passing league events) if members do not want to participate. It was agreed that the decrease in player numbers has affected our ability to fundraise successfully.  One of the largest stresses on fundraising is the coach stipend. It would be the suggestion of this board that due to the decrease in numbers and ability to fundraise appropriately that the coach stipend be removed from the 2015 budget proposal.

3. 50/50: This year TDC made $50-75 per raffle.

4. Driveway G: (Steph) 8 sold this year.

5. Senior Night: (Chris) Jon Pensa’s father to take pictures of the boys/families as they walk thru the line.  Jarvis has requested that the dance team also be acknowledged along with cheer that evening with flowers/announcements.

6. Family Dinner: GFC to prepare dinner and dessert for 175 ppl. costing $1,100.00.  David to check on use of elevator for that evening with GHS for handi-cap access and food delivery. Set-up is 5pm for cmte. Chris to send out a reminder email to families abt dinner and $10 raffle. Players will get a tkt when they deposit their gift. Jon emailed parents abt going in on a senior raffle gift

7. Bonfire: Steph received all permissions from fire chief and field coordinator for Fireman’s field usage.  New protocol prepared for next year. Angelo Moscato and Greg Jankura to prepare/monitor fire. $100 donation check for use of field prepared for event.

8. Team Breakfast-(Steph) All set for November  26th  at VFW   10am-noon -$12/pp for 50ppl. VFW to send bill to Shanon.

9.  Banquet: Wed. Dec 10th 6:30-9:30p. Jon will be handling purchase of senior gifts (LL Bean Duffle Bags) and Guardian Angel gifts from boys. Jon to remind families to prepare senior Board for the table display.  Jon and Steph to work on banquet program and order 100 color copies from Royal prtg. Chris to order T-shirts for boys from Ralston. It was agreed to present 8 coaches, trainer and announcer with a $25-30 gift based on our available income. Head coach to also receive an additional $100 gift card. Steph will order coaches sweatshirt gifts at $30 each from Creative. It is believed that coach will be ordering trophies. Shanon will need assist with set up for event at 5:30.

10.Snack Shack:  Shanon reported there was an outstanding bill from GFC for shack items she had just received and would be paid out.  It was discussed whether GFC or some place possibly cheaper should be used.  Dave reported GFC has been cheaper than BJs etc for cases of burgers last he checked.                                                                                                                                                                    New Business:1.  Scholarship 2015: Vote:It was agreed that $300 would be handed out for the 2015 scholarship to one individual. Dave suggested futuristically to put a % of what was made after each year into the fund. Exact amt still undecided.2.  Nomination Committee: (Steph) To send out an email to members stating all board positions available for nomination with hopes to be slated by next mtg and a vote in January.3.  Board Positions 2015: Shanon(Treasurer), Alex(VP), Chris(VP), & Steph(Secretary) stated they will not be returning for next year’s board.

Upcoming Business:

1. Nominations for Positions: none at this time…

2.  2014 Fundraising Folders:  Need to be collected for next year.

3. Survey:  was discussed to be formulated and sent out after the Banquet to determine member’s feelings on fundraising, volunteering and possibility of dues. Steph  to put some ideas together and present to board prior to sending.


Meeting Adjourned at 9:05pm   Next Meeting Tuesday, December 9th at 7:30 pm @ Rec. Ctr./ Alexander Lounge!!