My my My my

Guilford High School Touchdown Club – December 9, 2014 Minutes

Guilford Community Center

Call To Order

1.  Meeting was called to order at 7:30pm.                                                                                                                  2.  In attendance:  Dave Filley, Stephanie Moscato, Chris Jankura, Shanon Cirillo, Alex Conover, Sebastian Derda, and Lanny Six.

Acceptance of Minutes:  Minutes from November 2014 meeting unanimously accepted with minor changes abt pie FR and to be placed on the website.

Announcements/Introductions: N/A

Committee Reports/Old Business:

1. Treasurer Report:(Shanon) Account  balance =  $15,841.04 (copies of monthly budget and expenditure reports filed)  Shanon to look into when HUDL is due for payment. Bishops field donation has been mailed from Bonfire and VFW payment still pending.  All receipts handed over to Shanon for end of the year items/reimbursement from committee heads.

2. Snack Shack: (David) There is a probability that the shack will be torn down prior to next season. It was suggested that the TDC have a representative to attend the BOE mtgs so we remain abreast of any changes during construction.  David reported there is left over inventory from the season and he suggested donating it to the wrestling team for their upcoming tourney. It was unanimously voted upon to donate these snack and drink items to the GHS wrestling club. Steph to contact Mike Rook, their president, to notify them of donation and help arrange pick up.

3. Family Dinner/Bonfire/Breakfast: All went well. Many kids liked having the Bonfire after the last game because it was more relaxing, everything was not jammed in to 2 days and they could hand over their equipment and really be done with it. The TDC will recommend this for next year.

4. Banquet: Based on a $5,000 surplus at end of this year it was voted on to spend an additional $25 for each assistant coach on a Buffalo Wild Wings gift card in addition to the sweatshirt- totaling $55/assist.coach for end of year gifts. Dave/Alex to obtain tonight.  Dave also bought a signable football and presentation case to give to Coach the night of the banquet to acknowledge his resignation. He will get plaque for case engraved tomorrow. Everyone needs to be at WW by 5:30 to help set-up. The final count was #169. Alex to pick up balloons from Sachem. David to bring senior gifts, Steph-coach’s gifts and Chris- boys t-shirts, Shanon- Decorations. Shanon requested that pictures of each class take place on stairs prior to start time. Woodwinds has agreed to a “courtesy hold” on the date for next yr’s banquet with a cost of $26.95/pp. TDC needs to notify Woodwinds asap as to whether or not we will utilize the facility next year. At present no deposit has been put forward.

Shanon mentioned the cheerleaders were upset that we did not offer to pay for all of them. Chris noted she was very clear with the cheer director via an email as to who was going to be paid for and the reasoning behind it.  It was suggested that the cheer director be encouraged to come and participate with TDC mtgs futuristically if their group would like more benefits of involvement.

5. Nominations 2015: David announced that due to time constraints and stressors at work that he has decided to not continue on as President of the TDC for the 2015 season.  He also will not be in charge of the snack shack next year. Nomination Cmte noted that there were a fair number of nominations with 3 acceptances to participate on the 2015 Board. Lanny Six for President, Sebastian Derda for Treasurer, and Jackie Kronengold for Secretary.  Discussion continued about filling the last position.

Lanny and Sebastian nominated Steph and Chris to share the VP position. Chris and Steph stated they would be interested in considering sharing the VP position and would provide an answer at the Jan mtg.  However, the ladies noted this was dependant on the Board acknowledging that the Board as a whole is the fundraising comte, not just the VP position. This was received with positive agreement from membership in attendance.  It was unanimously voted upon to close the current slate of nominated positions for the 2015 Board, with the exception of VP, which the current Board could accept nominations from the floor in January. Additionally, Michele offered to help out as a chairperson with fundraising next yr and she also suggested increasing the responsibilities of class reps to assist on a FR cmte.  It was also mentioned that each class could be responsible for coming up with one FR event/yr to organize.

New Business:

1. January 2015: David to ask Jarvis to attend our mtg. Vote for 2015 Board members will take place.

2.  2014 Fundraising Folders:  Need to be collected for next year.

3. Survey:  was discussed to be formulated, questioning membership’s interest in possible dues and feelings on volunteering.  Board agreed that it was important that families understood  it is approximated that potentially it could cost $500/kid per year to participate in the football program, which remains to be raised. Survey to be sent out in February with a description of where all funds raised are allocated. David to work on this letter.  Alex/Steph assisting with survey questions.

4. Weight Room: Boys would like to continue working out as a team. Lanny to follow up with Jarvis regarding possible word that Coach Skaggs may have offered to run the weight room starting in the next week or so.

Meeting Adjourned at 9:15pm   Next Meeting Tuesday, January 13th at 7:30 pm @ Rec. Ctr./ Alexander Lounge!!